1. What first motivated you to start singing and how old were you? It was actually a friend of my parents. They needed an extra contestant in a singing competition in Toronto at the Latin Market and I jumped at the opportunity. I remember just saying yes, without actually thinking about it. I didn’t know what I would sing or how I would perform but I knew that I needed to do it. I was so excited to do something extraordinary at the age of 5, which no other kid really does. My parents noticed that I was really good at entertaining people through music. The feeling of having people smile while I was on stage was overwhelming, so at 5 years old I knew music was something that was going to be a part of my life forever.
2. Is there any musician that really inspires you? There are so many artists that I look up to. First being Selena Quintanilla who has been a big inspiration in my life. I think I watched her movie like 5 times a day when I was young. I would get so frustrated with myself when I wouldn’t get the dance moves that she was doing. It was so funny sometimes, but nonetheless, she is a legend and I learned so much from her. From performing on stage to vocal techniques, she was the Queen of Tejano and I love singing her music. I also look up to Beyonce, Shakira, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion and Shania twain. They all have such different sounds and performance abilities but they have all taught me a great deal throughout my career.
3. Where do you see yourself in 7 years? I love this question, thinking about the future makes me so excited. In 7 years I see myself at a worldwide status. I definitely see myself working a lot too. I have two professional careers that I am working on, one which is music and the other I’m studying to be an accountant. One of the biggest things I hope to accomplish is setting up a world tour and working with the biggest artists and producers in the music industry. I know for sure that with God by my side and the help of my amazing family we will get there.
4. If you could change something about the world what would it be? If I could, I would love to see everyone be happy about something. Smiling is one of my favourite things, so if people could find something that makes them genuinely happy I think it would change a lot of things. Big issues like wars, poverty etc, all have one thing in common. They’re all negative consequences of a negative action or attitude. Putting a smile on someone else’s face is a great attribute and so if we could all work on being positive and helping others that would make a huge difference.
5. Do you have any events coming up that we should know about? Yes! I am so excited to announce that I will be in Windsor, Ontario on February 14, 2015 for a concert down there on Valentine’s Day. Also I will be a part of the biggest Latin American Carnival in Miami – Calle Ocho in March 2015. Lastly, I will soon be announcing the dates for my promo tour down in Ecuador. I’m so pumped to be returning to my country to share my music with everyone down there and learn more about the culture.
6. What original song of yours do you feel very passionate about and why? That is most definitely “Primer Beso” produced by MedyLandia. It was one of those songs that brought back so many memories. When I first listened to the beat, I felt like I travelled outside of my body and went back to the first time I kissed the guy that I fell for. It was such a crazy feeling and so that’s how I knew it was the single I wanted to release. Many can relate to it and my fans go crazy when I start to sing it. I get so many messages on a daily basis of how much they love it and they ask what inspired it. This song really shows many parts of me, both the happy, excited, and completely in-love girl but at the same time a confident young woman. Even though the relationship didn’t last, I’m still glad that I met him because those experiences have molded me into the person that I am today.
7. Any last thoughts for your fans? For all my followers I’d just like to say that I love them so much just for being themselves. They constantly remind me of why I started to do music and where I want to go. It’s my life mission to inspire these beautiful souls to be the very best they can be. It’s important that if they have a dream, they need to fight through it. I have so much more work to do, to be where I want to, but I know that anything I have accomplished so far has been through dedication, discipline and passion. Don’t let anyone or anything get in the way of you and your future.